A debonair gentleman always wears a bow tie, as it shows your personality and confidence. Mastering the skill of tying a bow tie would not only elevate your outfit, but also set yourself apart from those who wear pre-tied or clip-on bow ties. Here are the 8 steps to master this gentlemanly skill.
- To start with, hang the bow tie flat around the neck with one end about 2 inches longer than the other end. We would indicate the shorter end as A and the longer end as B.
- Cross B over A and bring it up behind A to form a loose knot.
- Create a bow tie shape with A by folding it horizontally, with the centre of the bow shape between your collar.
- Hold A to maintain a bow tie shape and pull B over A.
- Fold B towards the chest horizontally.
- Pull B through the loop until B is under A.
- Pull both sides of the bow to tighten the knot. To make pulling both sides easier, put your index fingers through each loop when you pull outwards.
- To give your bow tie a final touch, centre in between your collar.